Onus Construction Management Limited is a Nelson based, client focused, efficient Project Management and Construction Management Company.
We are independent of consultants and contractors which allows us to take impartial views of projects thereby able to offer clients best advice on their project requirements.
After identifying the need in the construction industry for a totally client focused company, that delivers on what it says it will do, Onus Construction Management Limited was established in September 2012.
We pride ourselves on delivering our service to levels beyond what is required in a contract. Solving problems is what we do whether it is part of the contract or not.
We recognise that having being given the privileged position and responsibility for the client’s funds and other project interests is a significant act of trust from the client. Our actions in delivering your projects are directed at ensuring the faith and confidence shown in us, is reciprocated.
The construction industry is diverse, complex and full of hazards. We utilise our skills, knowledge, experience and ethics to facilitate positive outcomes for clients on capital works projects.
What We Do
In this form of delivery there is no Main Contractor and all trades are let and managed through a project / construction manager. The benefits here include complete client control of their site and project. Reduces margin on margin scenarios that are common in the construction industry.
Onus Construction Management Limited recognise that not all projects are the same and clients have different requirements. We will tailor our services and form of engagement to suit your specific requirements.
Peter’s involvement in the construction industry started in 1982 when he commenced his carpentry apprenticeship. His 32 years in the industry has seen him under take varying roles on a variety of projects including:
- Department of Conservation Huts
- Airport Terminals
- Residential Housing (both individual houses to housing estates)
- Ski Field Developments
- Cool Stores
- Multi-Story Buildings
- Fuel Pipe Lines
- Sewer Systems
- Civil Work
- University Campus Facilities.
Peter’s qualifications include:
- 19 years in Project and Construction Management
- Trade qualified Carpenter
- New Zealand Institute of Building Joint Winner of the 2013 Innovation Excellence Award
- New Zealand Institute of Building 2013 Highly Commended award for building projects in the $10 to
- $25 million category
- New Zealand Institute of Building 2006 Finalist in the $10 to $25 million category
- A proven history of meeting or exceeding clients expectations
- Licensed Building Practitioner. Number BP112007
- Approved Ministry of Education 10 Year Property Planner and Project Manager
“Peter is a very professional project manager. He project managed my office fitout and he did a great job. Very easy to deal with and got the job done, thanks Peter.”
Director and Financial Coach at Smart Business Centre (Nelson) Limited